RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Monday, July 05, 2010 杀气

You know being here in China, I realise I lose my temper and patience very very easily.

Bad customer service, black faces, apologising yet receiving strings of shanghainese hurled at you, being stepped on, hit by, pushed and not receiving any apologies (or even a look) by your transgressors. 一言难尽
Singaporeans here comfort me by saying: This is China.

So I always feel that some of the China Chinese, I am chinese too by the way, are out to cheat me.

Stuff happened when I wanted to check out of dorm on saturday morning, and I was being mean to accuse indirectly, the management for trying to cheat me of 2 days worth of accommodation fees worth 120RMB.
This morning, Sophia was really nice to accompany me to the front desk and she told me she could feel my 杀气!
Wow, not many people, even my close friends can sense this, and half the time they assume they never seen me gotten angry before...
When the dorm people asked about like am I coming back next semester etc and being nice by letting me in and out of the lift first...I felt so aweful.
Not all China Chinese are as I think.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.


Sometimes I find myself wanting to push, to rush, to even take revenge by elbowing or talking back...
And there are times where I give way, or allow them to cut my queue, give up my seat etc, I hope something strikes them.
I hope they will bring up their kids differently.

迎世博,讲文明
中国人,文明啊文明
It'll take more than a generation to change this, especially when younger generations are sooooo pampered because they are the only child.

Labels:



comment