RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Saturday, April 03, 2010 Good Friday-Sat-Easter Sunday

Well, I cant believe that I actually did thought of skipping CG for Alice in Wonderland on Good Friday. I know I'll never do that if it's back in Singapore, then why here in Shanghai...
Which, I did went for CG in the end. (cause movie was cancelled)

So I got a book by Mitch Albom called 'have a little faith' while waiting for the bus to arrive. It cost only 10RMB~ haha! I am like into 30+ pages, but I sense a good story coming up.
I tried a new route to Andrew's place today via train, and it's so much more convenient to do transfers with this line. And I get to avoid the crazy human traffic at 人民广场.

I stepped out of 上海科技馆站 and God surprised me with an awesome looking evening sky...too bad I didnt have my camera around to capture a good picture of it.
" You paint the morning sky, with miracles in mind..."

For CG, we watched a movie called ‘Faith Like Potatoes' . Set in Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa, this story is about a Zambian farmer who leaves his farm in the midst of political unrest and racially charged land reclaims and travels south with his family to start a better life in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. With nothing more than a caravan on a patch of land, and help from his foreman, Simeon Bhengu, the Buchan family struggle to settle in a new country. Faced with ever mounting challenges, hardships and personal turmoil, Angus quickly spirals down into a life consumed by anger, fear and destruction. Based on events in the life of Angus Buchan, the book was adapted for the big screen by award-winning actor and director, Regardt van den Bergh, and weaves together the moving journey of a man who, like his potatoes, grows his faith, unseen until the harvest.

Well, I watched with a much 'skeptical' heart cause the pace of the story was too quick and there wasnt enough details to develop the character. Mostly were made up of the very obvious outward expressions of the actors...That said, I guess the production team had to struggle with squeezing in enough content within the 97mins...

But I would say, the movie did bring me back to alot of head knowledge that I have that I need to review again in my heart.

"Are you ready to be a fool for God?"

please allow me to 'emo' (is it so?) for a moment...
Other things, I guess being misunderstood, being skeptical, being oversensitive, being cynical, being negative are all being human; after all, we are human beings.
Looks like (skeptical, yes) I am, in a sense, human. Feeling and going through these...

It could be a self mechanism that makes you want to defend for yourself while you're in a new environment. In some sort of ways, while defending (with a little reflection on my part), I realised that I am not the nicest of people, not the friendliest of sorts, not the most embracing kind... essentially, a great part of me loves being alone (mentally and physically). And I guess it's also hard to understand this part of me, which I dont myself. In many ways, I am a living contradiction. I know people close to me are often 'victims' to my 自闭ness sometimes, and NOW and THIS really makes me grateful for having you guys being my awesome friends!
Part of me feels like I need to explain myself...but the flesh is weak ya' know
Yet again, the above is me being highly skeptical...ignore me~
I assure you that it's only a rant and I'll get by it soon as I pray for forgiveness and for situation to turn around :)

Isaiah 55:7-9

7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

And how great God is...that I failed so much in comparison.
Which reminded me of a conversation about love that I had with Yining a couple of days back...(hellos, if you are reading!)

And this holidays, I thank God for God that He has been very personal to me, especially so these few weeks while I am far from home. Lately, I have been waking up thinking I'm in my own bedroom back in Singapore.
Signs of homesickness, maybe?

Labels: ,



comment