RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Monday, March 15, 2010 Why China?

(I cant remember what I needed to remember so here's just some remaining streaks of memory that i salvaged...and other thoughts along the way)

Sometime last week, it really did snow...and here's the lowest temperature that I managed to screen cap on my weather widgets.


Along the week, I begin to imagine myself going overseas to study for long, and I think I'd like it. But as much as I admire these people here studying full time, this other side of me reckon that I'll sink into the same mundane of school life as it is in Singapore.

That being so, I really thank God for this great opportunity that I have here.

'Why China?' is one of the most common question I ask people here and vice versa.
Other than budget issues, I really did feel that the experience here in China would value add greatly to my portfolio...

Met up with jeanine who's here for internship at an events company for dinner.
"can you feel the vibe here in Shanghai...?", she asked.
Honestly, yes...
It trashed my misconceptions and perceptions I had of China.
(well, I know Shanghai is not a full representation of China)
Nonetheless, this cosmopolitan city is striving.
Really striving hard, that the people may not be all ready, but they are too, improving at a fast rate. Especially those locals who've been overseas...their edge over us is greater than us over their locals.

Went for service today...and honestly honest, I hate to say this...I had a feeling of not going cause it was raining and the place is so far...
But one thing I really dont want to be so stupid about and I know I will hell lot regret is skipping a service once, then again...then again for stupid reasons like distance.
God reminded me that the physical distance I am travelling cannot be compared to that of Jesus coming to earth and to the cross.
Back in dorm...I dont have much opportunities for personal worship or praise aloud.
I thank God for the super quiet busstop at 科技馆 where I wait for the bus to andrew's place :)

I'm playing guitar for service next week and as tingting asked for my help today...I could sense her burden for the music/worship ministry for hope SH. Praise and worship had been from mp3 and very much not like Singapore and practically no time/chance for free worship, say it seems like karaoke session? tingting was from hope brisbane and we have some sort of common idea to help increase the spiritual atmosphere in SH.

Now, "Why China?"... Lihua prayed for me during service (note: svc is about 25 people or so...) and she prayed about me bring in China for God to use me greatly... So God, you better do ok?

So after service, I met up with weiting and muriel for BSB concert~~
It's my first ever 购票演唱会 cause for every other one that I've been to is got lobang...
Nonetheless, tickets here are relatively cheap :)
Ahhh old school songs... 'I want it that way', 'Everybody', 'Shape of my heart','As long as you love me','Larger than life'!!

Labels:



comment