Sunday, January 23, 2011 brickwalls
Brick walls are there for a reason. They let us prove how badly we want things.The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
It's about more than a year back since I read that book.
And it was 2 days ago that I thought about that book.
And it was couple of hours ago that in unit meet, yao shared the video.
More than a coincidence? Maybe.
These few weeks, I have been pondering about work and dreams and many things that entangle within this whole realm of reality and me being realistic.
2 days ago, while walking home after work, dragging my tired body,
I thought about dreams, I thought about Randy Pausch.
At the end of the day, his career wasnt his dream, yet one by one, he achieved his dreams.
I have this sort of feeling I wont be working in this industry for the rest of my life due to many practical reasons like time and money.
Yet this is something I enjoy or am interested in as compared to a 1001 other career options out there.
I know I have to give it up someday.
Then how can I combine God's will, my dreams and many other things together.
Randy did that (minus God's will; but it's of utmost importance)
He didnt say that his dream was to become a computer science prof or expert.
But even being so, he achieved his dreams through giving his best and well, having great opportunities.
To me, Randy model of 'achieving childhood dreams' is another option or way that things might turn out to be for me.
I dont know.
I may not be in this industry, but there could be times or situations where I get to fulfill my dreams.
- Studio Directing/ Vision Mixing for NDP and Concerts
- Travel documentaries
- LIfe changing documentaries that calls for action in KOG
- Short film that holds deep meaning about purpose of life
- Travel alot and living overseas for extended periods of time
comment