Tuesday, November 23, 2010 What's Up North?

It's full of mysteries.
From war films to documentaries to news features.
The DPR Korea; I want to check it out for myself.
Just not so long ago, I came across a documentary about Yeonpyeong Island.
It lies at the end of the DMZ, and how North Koreans capture the fishermen from the island when they were out at sea.
Artillery shells from the North came down on this island this afternoon.
I don't know if a war will break out...
It's not new that the North provoke with no rhyme or reason.
If they could hold fire and allow people to help them.
Juche doesn't work if half your country is starving...
They are probably in big trouble and using nuclear to 'buy' their way out.
Hopefully the right kind of people buys them or landing in wrong hands is disastrous, that's why the Americans and UN and whosoever go to intervene.
Then it puzzles me.
How come their scientist so zai, that some foreign officer guy was so surprise at their uranium enhancement programme ?
China? Russia?
Back in China, one the bus to one of the field trip destination, I was with a South Korean, an american and a Norwegian.
We began to share about serving the country, the army.
Yumi shared that it's really a parent's worst fear if their sons are deployed to DMZ area.
And that's where her brother is few months ago.
My prayers goes out to them.
But still, I'd like to belief that we 'outsiders' are also in a shell of our own.
Tthe whole China experience was rather enough to prove how perceptions/schematas can be shaped and influenced.
What's really going on in there, I want to know.
comment