It helps me to remember that one day in heaven there will be only one right person. I’m sorry, but it won’t be you. Or me. It will be God. Everybody else in heaven will be wrong in a million different ways about a million different things. The Bible tells us that only those who trusted in Jesus Christ, who turned from sin and believed in him, will be in God’s pres- ence. But on a host of secondary matters, we’ll all discover how much we got wrong. Maybe some people picture heaven as a place where all the “right” peo- ple celebrate that they made it. But I don’t think that’s true. I think it will be a place of beautiful humility. The funny thing is, I’m really looking forward to this aspect of heaven. I can’t wait for that crystal-clear awareness of all the opinions and attitudes and ideas and strategies that I had in this life that were quite simply wrong. No one will be proud. No one will be bragging. We all will want to talk about how wrong we were about so many things and how kind God was to us. I can imagine someone saying, “Seriously, I am the most unworthy per-son here.”
Excerpt from Dug Down Deep Chapter 11 by Joshua Harris.
I never liked arguments, like heated one, but I enjoy good debates that challenges my thought. And what all these amount to is just another perspective and great insights. Nonetheless, how true the above sounds.
Is it more of how much we've got things right, or how much we've got things wrong?
It helps me to remember that one day in heaven there will be only one right person. I’m sorry, but it won’t be you. Or me. It will be God. Everybody else in heaven will be wrong in a million different ways about a million different things. The Bible tells us that only those who trusted in Jesus Christ, who turned from sin and believed in him, will be in God’s pres- ence. But on a host of secondary matters, we’ll all discover how much we got wrong. Maybe some people picture heaven as a place where all the “right” peo- ple celebrate that they made it. But I don’t think that’s true. I think it will be a place of beautiful humility. The funny thing is, I’m really looking forward to this aspect of heaven. I can’t wait for that crystal-clear awareness of all the opinions and attitudes and ideas and strategies that I had in this life that were quite simply wrong. No one will be proud. No one will be bragging. We all will want to talk about how wrong we were about so many things and how kind God was to us. I can imagine someone saying, “Seriously, I am the most unworthy per-son here.”
Excerpt from Dug Down Deep Chapter 11 by Joshua Harris.
I never liked arguments, like heated one, but I enjoy good debates that challenges my thought. And what all these amount to is just another perspective and great insights. Nonetheless, how true the above sounds.
Is it more of how much we've got things right, or how much we've got things wrong?