RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Monday, June 14, 2010 不要忘记为什么

This week at service, we have james, huiling and aisa with us...
Together with some other singaporeans like wendy, steven.

Today, they led, they taught, they discipled, they empowered.
I know I'm not the intended recipient of what they are doing, but at that point in time, I made myself to be one of them and I thought about what the Chinese are receiving.
All these renewed my whole understanding of missions and what we're doing beyond our borders have more impact than we think. At least for me.

Shepherding is a totally new concept for the people here.
And james spoke about it

John 21:16-18 (New International Version)


16Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?"
He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."

Jesus said, "Feed my sheep. 18 I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go."


I know things will be changing.

And we shared like our birthday wishes...I dont want to forget.
For the lives that are here, for the hearts that are here, for the dreams and visions that are here.
I dont want to forget about the existence of a bigger movement out here.
I dont want to forget to pray for them.

-

On the bus, I thought about the mandarin church.
I thought if there's a need for it in the future when people have become more literate with english--> then I thought about the chinese nationals...
I thought about the leadership, and I realise I dont know much...
I thought about the next generation of leaders, and how youths now are somewhat ignorant/bo chap/detest the language.
And I thought one day, if the mandarin church needs me, I might go.

Thought are just brain waves going through my mind.
I want to jot all these down so I wont forget

-

Kudos to aloy, I watched service live on skype.
The power of technology, the ability to outreach, to connect, to empower.
Then again, there were so many things to improve on as well!


comment