The temperature dropped to single digit once again, and the rain seriously isnt helping China go into spring. A short correspondent with Dr Tan in Yunnan also revealed that the drought there is pretty bad... Perhaps, placed in such 'extreme' weather conditions in a place where being called a same country facing such vast difference in weather, that I experience what global warming is up to. Consequences are just like what we rattle off in geography lessons; melting ice caps, rising sea level, crop failure, rising food prices...
So I ditched the bike, cause I cant master the art of cycling and carrying umbrellas like the tiongs. While walking along the long stretch of road, with itouch and praise and worship music at my disposal, her favourite song shuffled in. And just days again that jia showed me a, very well, touching I would say, post about her. I thought about freewill; what a privilege, but what 'danger' it possess. Yet God gave it to us, at the expense of his children denying him. How great.
Spurred by China's 20th in it's nation-wide exam, I felt inferior in how much I know of this world. Say what war? what Aristotle, Plato? what taiping rebellion? what school of thought? Maybe the idea of 'knowledge is power' is far more obvious in a nation of 1.3billion...
I am making a point to drop by the library, foreign book section with all the english books, and have a read at some of everything. Well being in China, the book I got off the shelf today was on China's history. Did a quick read on the dynasty, understand the Qing beyond watching fiction interpretations off the TV...
Honest words, I feel like I have wasted too much time doing less useful things that I ought to do...
The temperature dropped to single digit once again, and the rain seriously isnt helping China go into spring. A short correspondent with Dr Tan in Yunnan also revealed that the drought there is pretty bad... Perhaps, placed in such 'extreme' weather conditions in a place where being called a same country facing such vast difference in weather, that I experience what global warming is up to. Consequences are just like what we rattle off in geography lessons; melting ice caps, rising sea level, crop failure, rising food prices...
So I ditched the bike, cause I cant master the art of cycling and carrying umbrellas like the tiongs. While walking along the long stretch of road, with itouch and praise and worship music at my disposal, her favourite song shuffled in. And just days again that jia showed me a, very well, touching I would say, post about her. I thought about freewill; what a privilege, but what 'danger' it possess. Yet God gave it to us, at the expense of his children denying him. How great.
Spurred by China's 20th in it's nation-wide exam, I felt inferior in how much I know of this world. Say what war? what Aristotle, Plato? what taiping rebellion? what school of thought? Maybe the idea of 'knowledge is power' is far more obvious in a nation of 1.3billion...
I am making a point to drop by the library, foreign book section with all the english books, and have a read at some of everything. Well being in China, the book I got off the shelf today was on China's history. Did a quick read on the dynasty, understand the Qing beyond watching fiction interpretations off the TV...
Honest words, I feel like I have wasted too much time doing less useful things that I ought to do...