RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Friday, April 09, 2010 new reads

I added a new link to my links of reads.
That is joshua harris' or rather josh harris. whichever.

I was amazing by the link that philo sent regarding a trailer/teaser/promo for one of his latest books; got onto the web, and arrived at his web page. nice.
About the book 'Dug Down Deep', it really seems to be a good read. But I have an issue with reading Christian literatures, that is, things dont really impact me if it's like told straight right into my face. Like some manuals. Well, amazon.cn doesnt have the book, and I never doubt that it wont have. Well, thanks to technology, I get a free chapter one preview of the book here

Another one of my more frequent reads are at steven furtick's
" When I say I’m inspired by the humility of our team, here’s what I mean:
They submit their pride and preferences to God’s plans and purposes, and deflect the glory to Jesus.

Our creative team has had to completely scratch a finished product that took them hundreds of hours to create because it wasn’t the best thing for the worship experience.

Our ushers have had to respond with kindness to angry parents who dropped F-bombs when they were asked to leave the auditorium with a crying baby so that people could hear the Gospel undistracted.

Our worship leaders have practiced and performed many songs they didn’t personally like with a great attitude and wholehearted effort because it best supported the message.

Our volunteer leaders have accepted hard correction about the way to lead their teams, made the adjustments, and come back the next week, even though they’re not paid to.

In the administrative department- I walked through and saw 7 people in Volunteer Headquarters pounding away on keyboards, entering first time guest data just moments before I wrote this. Very few people have any clue about the hard, tedious work they do. But that’s not why they do it.

And on and on."
read the full post here

how true how true


comment