RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Tuesday, April 20, 2010 in summary

Well, had some setbacks after this meannie thing call 'comparison' haunted me and my 姐姐们s
I feel that I did what I could to get back on feet, but I cant just stop there...
I'm doing things that I know I ought to do, watching things to encourage and spur me on.

Isnt it true, that sometimes being a director or DOP, we want this and that angle, having picture perfectness, wanting to find locations that fit the exact picture that we have in our minds. But when it becomes all too staged, we lose something instead. The essence of a compelling story-something people can relate to. And when we're all too concerned, we lose the story. Story is king...story is king!

Yes, and so I am working on a script about someone I met here in Shanghai.
Something simple.
Please ask me how's the script or production going...I dont want to lose sight on something that I have started on.

--

I was talking to jiawei the other day about expenses.
Why in the world am I spending so much here?!
Thank God for accounting that I took last sem, it's sort of in use cause I've done up a balance sheet.
But transactions for larger amounts are noted inside and I cant account for about 1K SGD...
Must be all the supper, toilet paper, cab, shopping...
About shopping, there's this huge online shopping platform in china and well, I got myself jeans from there...
And is it me or 中国妹s are really thin, I cant fit into anything I bought~!
It's either I lose weight or ditch the jeans.
I chose the latter.
They are like really cheap anyways...
I am still spending within the budgeted expenses for my entire trip, but spending on very unnecessary stuff...

--

Came back not too long ago from watching the FUSSA girls taking part in the Fudan Idol Singing Competition.
Singapore~ ROAR~
And they did really great and how we bitched about the judges 眼光, the TTTM performances actually got through and they dont look at skills????!!!

--

We have an earthquake here, a volcanic eruption there, and another earthquake somewhere.
Just reminded me of all the physical geography lessons on plate tectonics in secondary school...


comment