Sunday, April 04, 2010 Another Kind of Easter
Another kind of Easter; without elaborate performances, without mind blowing visual and audio technologies, without invite cards and the oh-so-familiar Hall601...
Well I guess without all these, I did spent more time than I used to, to think about what Easter meant to me and give thanks in many ways.
Silly sk koi warrior: i'm really proud of your deliberate steps of rededication :)
Tingting: thanks for being such a great encourager and example to me here in SH (you probably wont get to read this but i want it to remind me in future...)
Tracy: It's your birthday today~ happy 21st and i am always so encouraged by your life as a young leader, facing many pressures yet being a strong and passionate woman of God!
Jia: for being so OBJECTIVE in many ways through our skype shepherding?, and understanding me as a living contradiction.
I played guitar for praise and worship today. I havnt been playing praise songs until I came over and man, strumming is challenging! And I have to also consider the slower pace of reading english for the congregation, which in turn, making me slow down my strumming as well... I shall keep that in mind for the next time I practice!
Andrew shared a really PERSONAL testimony which I really respect him for his courage. He went on to talk about doing our best to live up to the expectations of God, just like the sinner's prayer of 'helping me to be the kind of person You want me to be'. This phrase cannot be just a mere regurgitation, and I thought more so today...
Next weekend is retreat/camp at one of the off shore islands...Ps Jeff will be around, together with James. Oh, and they happened to be looking for some video recording device and so happen I brought my lousy DV to Shanghai...and WA-LA, I'll be doing camera work for retreat, and also playing for praise and worship. LOL~
I'm slightly more than half way through 'have a little faith' by Mitch Albom. And I have been drawing quite alot of insights from it. Issues that seems 'duh' but it really tugs your heart. I'll spend time in a Chinese- European style cafe, built with French and Belgium money, and complete the book! (if possible)
(the little boy has grown older~)
The Rose
Some say love it is a river
that drowns the tender reed
Some say love it is a razer
that leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love it is a hunger
an endless aching need
I say love it is a flower
and you it's only seed
It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give
and the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live
When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed
that with the sun's love
in the spring
becomes the rose
The Rose
Some say love it is a river
that drowns the tender reed
Some say love it is a razer
that leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love it is a hunger
an endless aching need
I say love it is a flower
and you it's only seed
It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give
and the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live
When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed
that with the sun's love
in the spring
becomes the rose
Labels: God
comment