RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Sunday, March 21, 2010 twitching

My left eye has been twitching non-stop (nearly) for the past few day...

"Eye twitching, or myokymia, is an involuntary eyelid muscle contraction that usually affects the lower eyelid. The exact cause of an eyelid twitch is unknown. A twitch sometimes develops during times of increased stress. Twitching has also been associated with high caffeine intake, fatigue or excessive squinting. It can also occur after reading or working on a computer for prolonged periods of time."

Guilty!

Ok the point of this post is not about my twitching eye.

Well, I played guitar for service today with tingting leading.
I really thank God for giving me this opportunity to serve; beyond what I do best.
Of course skills wise it didnt turn out as great as what I always experience in Singapore, and also cause we did 1 praise and 2 worship songs which were in English, it was hard to lead the people. Nonetheless, I think we managed to increase the atmosphere of free worship which was near to non existence...
A taste of missions, this is.

Before I stepped out of the dorm and headed for service, I prayed for God to use me. Practicing strumming the guitar to a really odd beat for 'beautiful saviour'...I prayed for God to move in the hearts of the people. And somehow, God spoke to me about never forcing them to experience what I've experienced cause ultimately, I'm just a vessel...but God has His own way of speaking to His people. Ahhh...humility.

And today, Linghuan brought a China friend to service and she shared about her idea of religion. As she shared about how the education system is like in China, about being 'kept in the dark' about the existence of higher beings for 20 years, about her fear of death, about her inquisitiveness of the spiritual realm, about morality...God dropped like a damm big burden to me. And I felt tears swelling up in my eyes, knowing that this nation has been deprived. Honestly, my flesh is super weak...

During sharing, Melody started a discussion based on Hebrews 11:1
1 信 就 是 所 望 之 事 的 实 底 , 是 未 见 之 事 的 确 据 。
In this group of about 20...most of them working adults and older than me, I really sense a great amount of childlikeness in them as they share their testimony on 看见 到 相信. How you live your life as a Christian itself does impact other to understand and know that God is real is sooooo evident here in China. They pointed out the very typical situation where other judge how good God is by judging the man that believes in the God. It came to me that it's quite a silly thing to actually judge man to determine how good God cause the issue here is eternity and by determining it from a man's action, it's not a very good gauge eh? (Am I making sense?haha) Anyhows, I wanted to share too but...due to my lack of proficiency in the Chinese language, I felt I couldnt accurately express what I wanted to say....

I want to say that this bunch of people here whom I interacted with for less than the number of fingers on my hand are really inspirational to me. For an engineer, to an archeologist, to an accountant, a purchasing manager, a worker...their hunger for the knowledge of the Word and of God is amazing! Cause Christian literature are hard to come by here and the way they are so eager to share what they've learnt to bless others. Books are hardly my kind of thing sometimes and I feel ashamed that I havnt been treasuring what I have.

At the end, Melody concluded with this: 或许,相信后才会看见...




comment