Wednesday, December 02, 2009 Break my heart for what breaks yours
That is the heading for today's devotions.And just when I headed out for dinner with dad, we witnessed 3 police cars parked along the road beside the big drain opposite my house.
Well, the adults used to say
壞蛋,等一下警察來抓你
As we turned the bent, 6 policemen held on to 3 kids, about lower sec, and led them to the cars.
What have they committed to even warrant an arrest?
And I thought, it must have been something bad and it just feels as if I hadnt done enough as a Christian to bring God to them.
They must have been afraid, terrified, regretful...
Today, when shirls ended off WFL, she made this statement of whether God even need us to do anything for Him?
Does God need fanciful videos? No
Does God need wonderful and flawless productions? No
Does He need anything BOOMZ? No
Well, He doesnt need us to do anything for Him. He's God, Almighty, Powerful.
And if He doesnt need all these, then why are we doing all these?
Not for Him, as in God himself, but for people that He loves.
Not for any sake, but for His glory's sake.
Not to mean anything for ourselves, but as an act of service and love to God and to His people.
As much as the fundamental beliefs and source of motivation and drive for passion is concern,
I find it a need to always ask myself why am I doing what I am doing
What is my source of fulfillment, where is joy etc...
Cause it's honestly getting a little heavy (and yea, God will make it light right?)
And when it's time that I need help, I should ask for help isnt it?
Isaiah 43:6-8 (New International Version)
6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-
7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."
8 Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
who have ears but are deaf.
Though I am afraid to list out in my schedular things that are going to happen, rehearsals after rehearsals, production deadlines, camp preparation and execution, SMF portraits that I owe them...
The sheer thought of the beginning of next week creeps me up~brrr
Ok la, to put it bluntly, I asked for it- and so God will work it, alright!
And to meet up some of the most awesome people ever this week, YOOHOO~~
comment