Wednesday, November 25, 2009 find peace, be peace
I am somewhat halfway through the exams.I faced roughly 2 defeats thus far.
And some knowing of assignment results added distastefulness.
So the question goes, why do I still get affected by grades?
Moving on is never too hard.
But what kind of spirit do I carry to move on?
And have I told myself to move on?
God revealed this verse to me while I got some consecutive blows.
20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:20-21
If I am finding issues with moving on, my heart is there with the grades.
And these grades are the treasures that I have stored up.
The recognition, the GPA, the honor, the self fulfillment, the self appraisal.
Do I want all these to be the treasures that I am holding dearly to?
No.
Look To the Cross
Cover me
In stillness you are welcome here
Comfort me
And teach me Lord to know your peace
I look to the cross
Lord let me see your love anew
There I find peace, there I find peace again
Draw me near
Into your arms
Strength I know
Lift my soul
To rest in you my only hope
I look to the cross
Lord let me see your love anew
'Cause there I find peace, there I find peace again
I look to the cross
Lord let me see your love anew
'Cause there I find peace, there I find peace again
'Cause the Lord my light and my salvation
Who man shall I be afraid
I'll never be the same
The Lord my light and my salvation
Who man shall I be afraid
I'll never be the same again
In you I find peace again
Find Peace & Be Peace
comment