Friday, October 02, 2009 tiongbahruness
I spent children's day at one of Singapore's most rustic places- Tiong Bahru & Chinatown
寻找童年往事? Nope, for project actually.
I dont even grow up in tiong bahru; except maybe with Tiong Bahru 包.
But Jerel says Tiong Bahru 包 not in Tiong Bahru, just like Punggol Nasi Lemak not in Punggol

- Juxtaposing the newest and the oldest
about 3 to 4 folks approached me to ask why i am taking photos
this 80 year old lady explained to me about the area's past and present.
I like the estate for it's serenity.
And it's really a great trip with nice back alleys, spiral stairs.
Headed over to chinatown after that, but more towards Ang Siang Hill, Club St that area.
Saw a few tiongs gathering near this DVD shop watching China's National Day broadcast.
- Chinese migrant watching China's Tiananmen in the Republic's National Day broadcast in Chinatown
The above is like some sort of publication- worthy photo! hahah.
Photojournalism~ yeah yeah~
Everyone takes more or less similar photos in Chinatown, me too.
I have been looking for this building, turning into streets after streets.
And after a few test shots and adjustments and waiting for this car to drive off,
I saw a bunch of people walking towards me and I quickly snapped a few more, hoping that I get the shot without having to wait for them to walk past.
And while professional-pui-me looked through the view finder and all,
someone called my name.
and it was limcheeharn. HA.
of all days, holiday also can coincidentally meet him.

and he say since I'm here already
I should go for the interview at freeflow now, guess NOT yet.
And he introduced me to wendy cheng,
who apparently is winnie cheng's sister,
who apparently is his FYP's producer.
What a small world!
comment
Friday, October 02, 2009 tiongbahruness
I spent children's day at one of Singapore's most rustic places- Tiong Bahru & Chinatown
寻找童年往事? Nope, for project actually.
I dont even grow up in tiong bahru; except maybe with Tiong Bahru 包.
But Jerel says Tiong Bahru 包 not in Tiong Bahru, just like Punggol Nasi Lemak not in Punggol

- Juxtaposing the newest and the oldest
about 3 to 4 folks approached me to ask why i am taking photos
this 80 year old lady explained to me about the area's past and present.
I like the estate for it's serenity.
And it's really a great trip with nice back alleys, spiral stairs.
Headed over to chinatown after that, but more towards Ang Siang Hill, Club St that area.
Saw a few tiongs gathering near this DVD shop watching China's National Day broadcast.
- Chinese migrant watching China's Tiananmen in the Republic's National Day broadcast in Chinatown
The above is like some sort of publication- worthy photo! hahah.
Photojournalism~ yeah yeah~
Everyone takes more or less similar photos in Chinatown, me too.
I have been looking for this building, turning into streets after streets.
And after a few test shots and adjustments and waiting for this car to drive off,
I saw a bunch of people walking towards me and I quickly snapped a few more, hoping that I get the shot without having to wait for them to walk past.
And while professional-pui-me looked through the view finder and all,
someone called my name.
and it was limcheeharn. HA.
of all days, holiday also can coincidentally meet him.

and he say since I'm here already
I should go for the interview at freeflow now, guess NOT yet.
And he introduced me to wendy cheng,
who apparently is winnie cheng's sister,
who apparently is his FYP's producer.
What a small world!
comment