RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Sunday, August 09, 2009 I'm Singaporean. and i complain.

*edited: finally blogger's not blooging and i can upload photos!

Some occupational sickness this is.
Studio directing NDP was one of my dream when I was a ___teen.

I cant help but be picky with some of the camera cuts and all.
Like the Indian NSF who was really dark, because exposure not turned up correctly.
And instead of a cut away to another view, exposure was altered while the shot was in use.
Something I am very guilty of asking my volunteers to do too.LOL.

Programming wise, they really jazzed and blued up those familiar national day tunes.
I love the symphonic arrangements!
But apparently it doesnt appeal much to the older crowd cause of the rhythm that aint so familiar to them and cant sing along.
The acapellaed 'Majulah Singapura' is cute.
Sad to say, I dont like the new NDP song by electrico.
And what's the flashback into a past, that doesnt feel very NDP-ish?
Those Shanghai tan tunes, old school pop and discos, Spicegirls, Destiny's Child...
I was really surprised that this segment got approved.
Maybe it shows that governmental bodies are loosening up abit.
And maybe a few years later, you can hear 'Nobody' in NDP!
And, those floor projections, 'spiderman' stuns...reminds me of beijing's olympics opening.

Lastly.
This is something I really like.

8:22pm Pledge Moment.
It bares a really simple significance- united in commitment to this nation we call home.
As I slouched into the sofa, with my bro and dad around,my mom was proudly standing and saying the pledge.
And she says we are bad citizens for not doing so.HAHA.
I can even say out the Mandarin one alrights.


side note, i actually managed to follow SNSD from comeback to goodbye stage.
and look at the size of the screen!

how many times will a small error be magnified?!


comment