RENEWED

day by day
entries profile links




Sunday, August 16, 2009 Best that i know how for now

Ever felt that God just places series of events to strengthen His vision for you?
That's what has been happening for the past few months.
And it blows my mind every time I realised how God just weave everything together (swee swee)
And I am pretty sure that His work and revelation is not finished yet.

Even before altar call started, I was already quite filled up with emotions.
Thanks Carmen for listening...
I don't have a one liner statement of this vision that I strongly believe that God has given me.
So in many random words/noun/verbs/adjectives,
it's something that tugs hearts, changes perspective, socio- documentaries, global issues, production, countries, world vision, challenges, serve, tangible, blessing others...

Personally, I am glad that I am growing up...
I always feel that fulfilling God's vision for me is something my protective parents might not agree to.
And how conference pushed me one step further in making me realise that Christians are not meant to just be safe and secure in our community, getting comfortable with life, know the world and just know it.
And what I want to do is beyond seeing people walking through Nexus' door, beyond seeing life transformation, beyond discipleship, beyond Singapore.
I have seen all that and I want to used beyond all these, touch lives beyond the conventional (yhope) way.
And all these while, I have been knowing and knowing alot. Till I felt it and was compelled by it.

Yesterday's sermon encouraged me of my convictions and my decision on joining OVE, and things I want to do for God in my student life.

"Yet i wonder if the setting up of the organisation/programs they have will really be effective to free the children from being enslaved. but then again, maybe this was the best they knew how..."- fung's blog

I cant change anything big, but i guess i can touch lives with something small and with my big God.
and I think this is the best I knew how right now.

2 Timothy 1:7

(The Message)

5-7That precious memory triggers another: your honest faith—and what a rich faith it is, handed down from your grandmother Lois to your mother Eunice, and now to you! And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed—keep that ablaze! God doesn't want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible.


comment