i'm pretty choked up with thoughts and emotions. the content of this entry might be a little all over the place. cannot really get my thoughts right at this moment.
a sister's grandma just passed away. and from this secondary school senior's blog, i got to know that a sister from his cell group actually passed away recently as well. an account/eulogy to that sister was written. i'm not too sure if its ok to mention names. will address her as crystal.
"They were good friends but crystal made a choice to stick with us. She came irregularly and only for cell group as her parents objected to her coming for service. People came and people went from the group. But a few months later, crystal began to join us more often for cell group and even service and we were able to disciple her more. Her attitude towards us became more friendly. She was earmarked to be a potential leader. The next thing we knew, she had some pain in her leg and went for a check-up. She was diagnosed with cancer in her right hip bone. She went through chemotherapy. We visited her as a cellgroup and individually. When crystal had gone through chemotheraphy and the operation, she actually went to a fellow patient house and shared the gospel to a receptive Her, who received Jesus.
She went back to school after missing half a year of it and had very good results. Teachers and classmates were astonished at her improvement. She even managed to share with one of her classmates.
Even as news of the remission of the cancer hit her, she still hung on to her faith. She was fearful and discouraged at times; but she never stopped believing. I will always remember her for her undying faith despite overwhelming circumstances. She was only 15 and yet she was a giant. She was cheerful and encouraging though she had every reason not to be. I dedicate Hebrews 11:13 to crystal for believing that God can heal, even when He chooses not to. She had lung, spine and hip bone cancer at the same time. "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth." I will never forget how tired she was on so many occasions, after chemotherapy. I will never forget how she last looked as she was losing consciousness. I will never forget her cheerful voice and playful laugh.She said something which I still remember today. There was once when she came to cellgroup and service and I did not even say hello as she was surrounded by other members. She came up to me later and asked me why I didn't say hello. I had no excuse to give. I have no excuse either for not visiting her as often as I had in the past. I had taken her for granted and I regret that I had done so. I have no idea why God chose to take her away at such a tender age. But I am consoled by the fact that she is in Heaven and would not be suffering any more pain. I have been blessed by her and am grateful that she has been a blessing to many others. A promise to crystal: The next time we meet, I won't forget to say hello. A promise from God: God is faithful to the faithless. As our doubts get big, God will get bigger. Leave the doubts to God and believe in the truth, which is the Word of God. He will answer every question in His appointed time. As for us, we should remember that though death comes to all men, it has lost its sting against us. Death is the beginning of Heaven and other good things to come. It is the start of eternity with Jesus. "
i guess, its really true that death is part and parcel of life. and really, i do want to see my loved ones in heaven. my love to them is to tell them the good news of Jesus Christ who has redemmed our sins, to give us eternal life. i prayed for love and compassion during the camp. it's time for me to shower my love to the people!- feeling super convicted.
then i found my way to crystal's blog. she's really a brave and strong girl. she never dwells in the hurt, though she grumbles. all the pain, she never really blamed anyone for it, not even God.
" Persevere and persevere!! All for Him.. i wan to..but sumtimes.. it's just so difficult.. i don want to rely on my own strength but totally on God. yapp. will i be able to tide over all this? i hope so :]" "sometimes i ask myself y? y did tis happen to mi?then i hear a voice telling mi,'u will be a gd testimony tt no one has and the works of God may be carried out thru you..' And i will be able to see more salvation..even though sumtimes i cant feel Him,i jus noe He is there..showering care n love on me..i wonder wat i will be in tis time of period without God.. i will be so lost.. n depressed.. God has given mi a hope in my life,makin me more determined to fight my illness.. All i noe tat God has a great plan for us.. But how long will tis go on? i jus hope when i wake up 1 day,everything will be over."
she blogs about having fun in cg, in school and all. how she's so happy with everything around her though she goes in and out of the hospital.sounds cliche yar? like some drama thing, but this just seemed so real to me, i dont go in and out of the hospital now, but what if my condition wasnt in the lucky 20% category, imagine what my family have to go through now? oh my. i went through the trials with and without God. i didnt know Him when i was hospitalised, only like 2mths later. then without Him again, my condition got worst, so bad that i may need a biopsy. then i begain to rely on Him; His healing hands are upon me. God wants me to do greater works for Him, He didnt take me away, He gave me a way, to lead people to Him. really thank God for all that. never really thought through alot about this issue. hmms.
i'm pretty choked up with thoughts and emotions. the content of this entry might be a little all over the place. cannot really get my thoughts right at this moment.
a sister's grandma just passed away. and from this secondary school senior's blog, i got to know that a sister from his cell group actually passed away recently as well. an account/eulogy to that sister was written. i'm not too sure if its ok to mention names. will address her as crystal.
"They were good friends but crystal made a choice to stick with us. She came irregularly and only for cell group as her parents objected to her coming for service. People came and people went from the group. But a few months later, crystal began to join us more often for cell group and even service and we were able to disciple her more. Her attitude towards us became more friendly. She was earmarked to be a potential leader. The next thing we knew, she had some pain in her leg and went for a check-up. She was diagnosed with cancer in her right hip bone. She went through chemotherapy. We visited her as a cellgroup and individually. When crystal had gone through chemotheraphy and the operation, she actually went to a fellow patient house and shared the gospel to a receptive Her, who received Jesus.
She went back to school after missing half a year of it and had very good results. Teachers and classmates were astonished at her improvement. She even managed to share with one of her classmates.
Even as news of the remission of the cancer hit her, she still hung on to her faith. She was fearful and discouraged at times; but she never stopped believing. I will always remember her for her undying faith despite overwhelming circumstances. She was only 15 and yet she was a giant. She was cheerful and encouraging though she had every reason not to be. I dedicate Hebrews 11:13 to crystal for believing that God can heal, even when He chooses not to. She had lung, spine and hip bone cancer at the same time. "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth." I will never forget how tired she was on so many occasions, after chemotherapy. I will never forget how she last looked as she was losing consciousness. I will never forget her cheerful voice and playful laugh.She said something which I still remember today. There was once when she came to cellgroup and service and I did not even say hello as she was surrounded by other members. She came up to me later and asked me why I didn't say hello. I had no excuse to give. I have no excuse either for not visiting her as often as I had in the past. I had taken her for granted and I regret that I had done so. I have no idea why God chose to take her away at such a tender age. But I am consoled by the fact that she is in Heaven and would not be suffering any more pain. I have been blessed by her and am grateful that she has been a blessing to many others. A promise to crystal: The next time we meet, I won't forget to say hello. A promise from God: God is faithful to the faithless. As our doubts get big, God will get bigger. Leave the doubts to God and believe in the truth, which is the Word of God. He will answer every question in His appointed time. As for us, we should remember that though death comes to all men, it has lost its sting against us. Death is the beginning of Heaven and other good things to come. It is the start of eternity with Jesus. "
i guess, its really true that death is part and parcel of life. and really, i do want to see my loved ones in heaven. my love to them is to tell them the good news of Jesus Christ who has redemmed our sins, to give us eternal life. i prayed for love and compassion during the camp. it's time for me to shower my love to the people!- feeling super convicted.
then i found my way to crystal's blog. she's really a brave and strong girl. she never dwells in the hurt, though she grumbles. all the pain, she never really blamed anyone for it, not even God.
" Persevere and persevere!! All for Him.. i wan to..but sumtimes.. it's just so difficult.. i don want to rely on my own strength but totally on God. yapp. will i be able to tide over all this? i hope so :]" "sometimes i ask myself y? y did tis happen to mi?then i hear a voice telling mi,'u will be a gd testimony tt no one has and the works of God may be carried out thru you..' And i will be able to see more salvation..even though sumtimes i cant feel Him,i jus noe He is there..showering care n love on me..i wonder wat i will be in tis time of period without God.. i will be so lost.. n depressed.. God has given mi a hope in my life,makin me more determined to fight my illness.. All i noe tat God has a great plan for us.. But how long will tis go on? i jus hope when i wake up 1 day,everything will be over."
she blogs about having fun in cg, in school and all. how she's so happy with everything around her though she goes in and out of the hospital.sounds cliche yar? like some drama thing, but this just seemed so real to me, i dont go in and out of the hospital now, but what if my condition wasnt in the lucky 20% category, imagine what my family have to go through now? oh my. i went through the trials with and without God. i didnt know Him when i was hospitalised, only like 2mths later. then without Him again, my condition got worst, so bad that i may need a biopsy. then i begain to rely on Him; His healing hands are upon me. God wants me to do greater works for Him, He didnt take me away, He gave me a way, to lead people to Him. really thank God for all that. never really thought through alot about this issue. hmms.